I am doing something I seldom do…I am getting into the holiday spirit by giving some books away.
Some time ago, I published my first two books on Amazon, Signs of Life and Americana.
Americana is a collection of poetry depicting life in America–sometimes harsh reality and sometimes whimsical looks at what it means to be American. This book will both delight and anger some, for I attempted to peer honestly at our joys, successes, quirks, and problems with a view to stimulating conversation.
Signs of Life is my first complete collection of short stories designed to consider what it means to be alive. Life is full of victories and tragedy and this collection considers both points of view in such a way as to help us appreciate, hopefully, our own life. In addition, I added a couple stories which were not in the first edition, so for any who enjoyed the first, be sure to get your free copy of this 2nd edition.
Why am I giving these away?
These books have been so successful that I cannot help myself. With so much greed in the world today, as seen in the fact that the “1%” wants further tax cuts on the backs of the rest, I felt compelled to set an example. I have been so successful with these books that I felt I should take this, the end of the year, to thank my readers and those they love. So if you know someone with a kindle account, you can claim your free copy and send them the coupon code. They should not need to claim the book during this period, you simply need to obtain the code during the 3-day window. That way, you can gift it to them.
I will confess to having been something of a Scrooge for most of my life, but you all have been so good to me this year, that I simply must return the favor–in fact, a friend challenged me by asking how I could write books with so much depth of human feeling and concern only to avoid the holiday spirit.
My answer was that I do not like the commercialism of X-mas and avoid it for that reason. I still stand by that reason, but none-the-less feel compelled to share with my fans this year. For this reason, when I discovered recently that I could actually GIVE some books away on Amazon, I decided to take advantage of this and do so now.
Below are the books you can get from the 23rd through Christmas day. All you need to do is click on the book to be taken to the Amazon site where you can claim the code for your free copy of either or both. These books are only available on Amazon Kindle and I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing.
And don’t forget, my latest book can still be purchased on Amazon. Apologies, but the free copies have all been taken.
Related articles (Note, most of these are from other bloggers with great books likewise on Kindle. Some have specials you can take advantage of, some do not–All are worth checking out.)
- Guest Blogger: Ian Hocking (meandmybigmouth.typepad.com)
- What’s missing from the Kindle and Nook? Support for printed books (reviews.cnet.com)
- Writing to Persuade Now Available on Kindle! (collaborativewriter.wordpress.com)
- December Deals: Books to buy this Christmas! (ambergarza.wordpress.com)
- Bitten by Books & a $50 Amazon Gift Card! (christinerose.wordpress.com)
- How a tech entrepreneur became a best-selling Amazon Kindle author (venturebeat.com)
- My 2nd ebook is now Published on Amazon (jasonalanwriter.wordpress.com)
- The Amazon Monopoly: the new vs the old (A Random Rambling…) (donatodivided.wordpress.com)
- The Impact of Amazing Things (A Double Whammy Book Review) (sassholes.blogspot.com)
- Matthew Helmke: LEGO books for all (matthewhelmke.net)